Grammys are a time for celebration in the music industry. While the 59th Annual Grammy awards is only in a few hours, Arcade Creative Group takes the time to appreciate the history of this prestigious night.
If we could take a DeLorean back to the first annual Grammy Awards, we would see legendary stars — Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Gene Autry, Johnny Mercer, Henry Mancini and André Previn, all sitting at their black-tie dinner along with an awards presentation inside the Grand Ballroom of the Beverly Hilton. Back in NYC around the same time, other Academy members were gathering for the same reason.
Over the next few years, they would hold these ceremonies at both coasts. Today, people fly to California to be a part of one of the biggest nights of performances and a chance to walk away with the historic Gramophone shaped Grammy Award.
You might be wondering how does the voting process happen? Who gets to choose the nominations as well as the winners in all the categories?
The voting process is broken into a few rounds:
• The Recording Academy members and record companies submit their nominations.
• There are reviewing sessions by experts in different fields to ensure that the nominations are eligible to be submitted.
• First round of ballots are sent to voting members and are encouraged to vote in their area of expertise.
• There is a national committee that determines nominee finalists for specialized categories.
• For the final voting, ballots are sent to the voting members including finalist from the Special Nominating committee. Members are allowed to vote 15 categories in the genre fields plus four categories of the general field.
Amongst this year’s Grammy finalists are our Sony Music artists and we would like to wish them good luck! We are also excited to see some of them perform tonight.
Over the years, Arcade Creative Group has been nominated and has won a Grammy Award for packaging. Check out a few of the most recent nomination and winner below:
2011 Grammy Award Winner for Best Boxed Or Special Limited Edition Package – Bruce Springsteen “The Promise: The Darkness On The Edge Of Town Story” – Art Director Michelle Holme
2015 Nomination for Best Recording Package: Snoop Dogg – “Bush” – Art Director Anita Boriboon
Share this Post
Share this Post